If you’re focused on improving your business English right now, podcasts are a fantastic resource. They are completely portable - you can listen to them whenever you get a free moment, wherever you are - and they tend to cover a broad spectrum of business topics. These podcasts can also help you to avoid some of the most common business English mistakes and will introduce you to a whole wide range of ideas and information. You’ll be able to broaden your business knowledge and insights at the same time as improving your language too.
- The Business English Pod. The idea behind this podcast is to cover virtually every situation that you could potentially come across in a business setting, whether that’s travel, socialising or meetings. Each episode contains audio lessons that are designed to make these situations easier, such as a lesson on pitching or relationship building.
- BBC Business Daily. This isn’t a podcast specifically for English learners but the BBC team has some of the best journalists in the world, highlighting the most important issues in business today. Plus, all the podcasts are in English so it’s easy to improve your language skills while also finding out what’s going on in the rest of the world. The podcasts are designed like a news show and the host is speaking at a regular speed.
- Down to Business English: Business News to Improve Your Business English. This podcast does exactly what it says on the tin, looking at the latest developments in the business world and discussing these in a way that can help to improve language too. The hosts integrate some of the most useful words and phrases as well as the cultural differences that are worth noting.
- Quick Business English. This podcast focuses on the most necessary bits of business language and the situations where these are most likely to be relevant. For example, you could be focusing on how to start a meeting effectively or the difference between the language in informal and formal emails. Key to note with this podcast is that there is only one host and they speak at around half normal speed, which can make it much easier to pick things up.
- TEDTalks Business. TED talks have become a fantastic platform for acquiring new skills and sharing great ideas - and the Business talks are also a great resource for taking Business English to the next level. The podcasts often feature some of the biggest names in business and some of the most creative and innovative ideas. So, you can get inspired at the same time as improving your language ability.
This Morning. For a more global perspective this podcast brings all the insight and analysis that you’d expect from the Gordon Deal but in audio form. The podcasts are published daily and usually come with a blog on the podcast website for those who want to catch up on the written version too.
These are some of the finest podcasts around for taking your Business English learning to the next level.